Diabetes in School Health ECHO is a monthly school diabetes health teleconferencing program for school nurses and all school personnel who care for students with diabetes. Thanks to the Leona M and Harry B Helmsley Charitable Trust, we’re honored to bring this program to Montana to best support our state’s school health personnel in their pursuit of education and resources to best care for students with diabetes. From October through May we are hosting monthly DiSH-MT educational sessions on topics determined by input provided by local school health personnel. Each session will feature a 10-20 minute presentation followed by an open discussion and idea sharing session to foster community and support among participants.
2023/2024 DiSH-MT Sessions
- October 5: Supporting students with diabetes and their mental health
- Presented by Charley Jones, LCSW
- November 2: Diabetes sick days
- Presented by Nathan Bingham, MD
- December 3: Developmentally appropriate diabetes support
- Presented by Amy Rohyans-Stewart, MS, CCLS
- January 11: Diabetes orders in MT
- Presented by Catherine Baran, RN, CDCES, Marci Butcher, RD, CDCES, FACDES, and Karen Graf, RN
- February 1: Diabetes & School Nutrition
- Presented by Brooke Foth, RDN
- March 7: Automated Insulin Pumps go to school
- Presented by Carla Cox, PhD, RDN
- April 4: Diabetes resources
- May 2: Topic TBD
New! Up to 8 CE Contact Hours Available for DiSH-MT 2023/2024
- One hour is awarded for each individual session
- Successful completion includes >75% attendance of the session and the completion of the unique post-session survey within one week of the session
- Financial disclosure statements will be made available at each program
- Credits will be issued by way of Logan Health. Logan Health is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Montana Nurses Association, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- For questions about CE Contact Hours, please contact email@example.com.
Enter your information below to receive more information about the DiSH-MT telementoring program.